June 21, 2012

Batch Five

          Finally, after ten years, I made this post. 

         This day was more than a musical recital. It was a tangible proof of God's glory & His power to transform lives completely. I found myself among the batch of trainees for the second time and I stared into space long enough for a quick flashback.

         Exactly six months before this recital, I was at the very same place, a trainee for Batch 3. The songs were the same, the set-up and the program were the same, but I was different. I was the most conceited trainee of the third batch--too conceited and proud, that I allowed my irritation to rule throughout the performance. So I did the worst thing: I did not sing! When I did not get in the team, I thought my life was shattered. But now, I laugh it off!



       It's truly funny now whenever I look back. If not for God's abounding grace and mercy, I wouldn't have completed this training. I could have remained as the conceited Bea, too immature to cooperate with anyone. :))

      I guess the best part of being in Batch 5 was I got to learn.I learned that Christ's love can do more than making people cry. It changes lives. That no matter how many times you have heard about it, and no matter how long you've known it, the moment you encounter it personally, your life will take its 180 degree turn.

     I personally experienced how God is mighty to save, that even the thickest, strongest walls of pride are torn   down at the command of His voice. The freedom He made known to me is the only reason why I am able to sing again, and again, and again, in complete awe and reverence. It's not about having a ministry. It's not about my ability. It's not even about joining the App Day. It's all about encountering more of Jesus in every word and every note that I sing. 

:)

Photo roll ~~


















"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; 
God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—
and the things that are not —to nullify the things that are, 
so that no one may boast before him."
1 Cor. 1: 27-29



beaut

No comments:

Post a Comment