July 17, 2012

Two Elizabeths

07.17.12 


         Today marks a very important day as two of my most treasured women share their birthday. More than three decades ago, my mother Elizabeth  had her best birthday gift - my sister. She named my sister after her & since then they began celebrating July 17 together. :)

        Of all the seven family members, my mom and my sister had the chance to travel the most. It's just one of the many things they have in common (hair style, clothing style, taste in food, etc.)

Columbia

Malaysia

 Rome



Florence, Italy

Singapore

Venice

Costa Rica

Spain

Venice

Amsterdam

Amsterdam

             I may not be with these two Elizabeths, who I love deeply, for their special day but hey, I made a blog post! Hehehehe. I miss them greatly, not just now, maybe for the longest time too since I haven't had the chance to show them how each day God turns me from a child to a woman. I only have vague memories of them back when I was just a kid, especially my sister. But sure enough, I am looking forward to make new memories - memories of love, family, and fun!

           To my dearest Mama and Ate, happy happy haaapppy birthday! I love you! <3


"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
- Proverbs 31:25-31



beaut

3 comments:

  1. This is touching, lovel and awesome. Words cannot express how i felt when i read this.. you are indeed a beaut of a daughter and sister. Godbless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you loved it! I did hope that this would be enough to suffice my absence on your special day :) Happy birthday Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you. it is overwhelming and heartfelt. God be with you always.

    ReplyDelete